Strawberry Chocolate Almond Granola Squares are a delicious treat for everyone to eat!
Whoever decided that strawberries and chocolate were going to be a good flavor combination should be given a culinary genius award! We have taken the decadent bliss of the amazing chocolate berry combo we all know and love and have paired it with healthy ingredients to make these delicious and hearty strawberry chocolate almond granola squares. It is sure to be a hit with your entire family for a lunchtime snack, an evening treat, or any time of the day as a pick-me-up! Strawberry Chocolate Almond Granola Squares are also gluten-free, so those of you with those dietary restrictions will love this recipe as a healthy option for you to enjoy.
These simply made granola squares are delightfully chewy and packed with flavor! They’re also a wonderful snack for when you’re on-the-go and need a little “pick-me-up”!
How long will Strawberry Chocolate Almond Granola Squares last for?
You can store in an air-tight container, such as these 2 compartment plastic meal prep containers in the fridge for 2-3 weeks and in the freezer for up to 3 months. But, let’s be honest, they won’t last more than a day at your house because everyone is going to gobble them up and only leave a few measly crumbs on the plate!
Can Strawberry Chocolate Almond Granola Squares be frozen?
You bet! They last up to 3 months in the freezer. If you want enough to freeze for later, make a big batch or you won’t have any leftovers to freeze! But if you do happen to have some left to freeze, allow the recipe to cool completely and wrap in plastic wrap in individual squares to make it easy to take out and eat when you want one. You could either put the individually wrapped squares in a ziplock bag and take one out at a time, or freeze the individually wrapped squares in your meal-prep containers. Just pull one container out of the freezer in the morning when you want to use it, add a side of fresh fruit or veggies with it and take it to work for a quick, delicious high energy snack. Strawberry Chocolate Almond Granola Squares need to defrost for a few hours before eating.
Strawberry Chocolate Almond Granola Squares Ingredients:
- 2 C. Rolled Oats
- 3/4 C. Almond Butter (smooth, unsalted)
- 1/3 C. Honey
- 1/3 C. Freeze-dried Strawberries (slightly crushed/broken up into smaller pieces)
- 1/3 C. Mini Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 C. Sliced or Slivered Almonds (raw, unsalted)
- 5 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp. Himalayan Pink Salt
How Do You Make Strawberry Chocolate Almond Granola Squares?
What’s awesome about this recipe is it couldn’t be more simple. You’re just going to preheat the oven to 350 and toast the almonds and oats together in the oven until lightly golden. While it’s toasting, grab a mixing bowl and combine the remaining ingredients and mix well. Pull the oats and almonds out of the oven and stir in with the almond butter mixture, and then stir in the chocolate chips and freeze-dried strawberries. Line an 8×8 dish with parchment paper and spread the mixture into the pan, and then chill in the freezer for about an hour. Cut into 9 squares and either eat them now, or store in the fridge or freezer. Simple as that!
How Do You Portion Strawberry Chocolate Almond Granola Squares?
This recipe for Strawberry Chocolate Almond Granola Squares delivers 9 super delicious bars. If you want to enjoy one bar per day, then line up 9 two-compartment meal prep containers. Place one square in the smaller compartment and fresh vegetables in the other for a complete snack. Otherwise, you can store all 9 bars in a one-compartment meal prep container.
More Recipes like Strawberry Chocolate Almond Granola Squares
If you are a lover of delicious bar recipes, then look no further! We have some other recipes like this that are sure to not only satisfy your cravings but give you that afternoon pick-me-up that you are looking for.
Other Tips for making Strawberry Chocolate Almond Granola Squares
You really could customize this recipe in many different ways to make it unique every time you make it. How about giving some of these ideas a try:
Substitute the almonds for another favorite nut, like pecans, peanuts or cashews.
- Use pure maple syrup in place of the honey, and you could even add a bit of blackstrap molasses for a richer deeper flavor.
- Experiment with some other dried fruits in place of the strawberries. Some options might be cranberries, blueberries, raisins, chopped dates, or you could even eliminate the fruit altogether if that is your preference.
- Try swapping chocolate for another flavor variety.
The only limit is your own imagination! This is a versatile recipe that is one you and your whole family will love. We are excited for you to try it, and we would love to hear of any other flavor varieties you try! Let us know.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup Almond Butter no sugar added
- 1/3 cup Honey or maple syrup if vegan
- 1/3 cup freeze-dried strawberries crushed into small pieces
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds raw and unsalted
- 1.5 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Spread oats and almonds in an even layer onto a baking sheet pan — bake for ~10 minutes, or until lightly toasted, aromatic, and lightly golden browned. Set Aside.
- While that toasts, combine in a medium mixing bowl honey: almond butter, vanilla, and salt — mix until smooth and well-incorporated.
- Next, stir in the toasted oats and almonds until well-combined.
- Mix in chocolate chips and freeze-dried strawberries until incorporated.
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper — add the mixture and spread it out into an even and smooth layer.
- Chill in the freezer for ~45-60 minutes, or until quite set/firm.
- Once set, remove from freezer and from the 8x8 pan — cut into a 3x3 grid, yielding 9 equally sized granola squares.
- Serve, store in the fridge or freezer, and enjoy!
- Snack serving suggestion: enjoy with a side of fresh vegetables, fruit, nuts, or cheese!