Dark Chocolate Gingerbread Spice Pumpkin Bars
Gingerbread meets dark chocolate in this flourless recipe for Dark Chocolate Gingerbread Spice Pumpkin Bars. Gluten Free. Grain Free.
One thing we love around here is dessert. Especially healthy desserts. We focus so much energy on eating healthy, clean meals all week that sometimes we forget a little dessert is good for the soul. Have you seen our triple chocolate vegan brownie cake? It’s magical!
This recipe satisfies our love of gingerbread, chocolate, and brownies all in one! Plus, it’s made with super healthy ingredients, so can we go out on a limb and say these might even work for breakfast? Yeah, we thought so.
Ok, so here are the details because we know some of you may have questions! If you don’t have the Gingerbread Spice Almond Butter on hand you can always use regular almond butter plus this combination of spices:
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon.
- 2 tbsp ground ginger.
- 2 tbsp ground allspice.
- 1 tbsp ground nutmeg.
- 1/2 tbsp ground cloves.
If you hate gingerbread and just want to go regular, you can easily leave out the spices and just use almond butter or any nut/seed butter. Peanut butter would be awesome here! Chocolate + peanut butter = LOVE! You can add more chocolate chips, leave them out or add in white chocolate chips, nuts, seeds or dried fruit! These possibilities are endless! And, as always, divide the bars into a size that fits your macros. These bars are not overly sweet, but they sure do satisfy the craving. Plus, they are healthy and loaded with fiber!
Dark Chocolate Gingerbread Spice Pumpkin Bars Ingredients:
1 cup Gingerbread Spice Almond Butter
1/2 cup (122g) pure pumpkin
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
6 tbsp (or more) dark chocolate chips
more cinnamon/spices, if desired
- 1 cup gingerbread spice almond butter *see notes below for alternatives
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 6 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- Line a 5x7 in baking pan with parchment paper
- Mix all ingredients together except the chocolate chips
- Gently fold 4 tbsp chocolate chips into the batter
- Pour into your baking pan
- Top with remaining chocolate chips
- Bake for about 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow to fully cool before slicing