Banana Oat Breakfast Bars
Banana Oat Breakfast Bars made gluten and dairy free on a sheet pan with a sprinkle of chocolate on top! Eat them for breakfast or whenever a sugar craving strikes.
Do you ever find yourself with a bunch of ripe (or overripe) bananas on your kitchen counter and think, “Man, I wish I had something to make with these other than grandma’s banana bread?” Yeah, we thought so. Us too 😉 Since we are all about saving money (and more specifically, meal preps under $4) we thought we would give you another option for those ripe bananas!
Although these are bars, they are not crunchy at all. They have a soft texture and almost taste like you are eating a fresh baked good. Which, maybe you kind of are, but at least these are healthy! So healthy that they can work for breakfast, snack or dessert! The chocolate chips give them that ‘dessert’ feeling, but you can easily swap them out for your favorite nut, seed or dried fruit. Or, leave them out altogether.
If you want to add a bit more protein to round out the meal, pair them with Greek yogurt, cottage cheese or a few eggs. Whoever said eating a sweet breakfast was “bad” for you clearly had no idea what they were talking about! We mean, C’mon, Mint Energy Bites that taste like girl scout cookies? Yes, please!
Banana Oat Breakfast Bars Ingredients:
4 large, ripe bananas
2 eggs whites
¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups Gluten Free Rolls Oats
¼ cup coconut sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
4 tbsp. dairy-free mini chocolate chips (or as much as you like!)
- 4 large bananas ripe
- 2 large eggwhites
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 2 cups Gluten Free rolled oats *not quick oats
- 1/4 cup Coconut Sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon 4
- 4 tbsp dairy-free chocolate chips or as many as you'd like!
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a 10.5”x12” baking pan with cooking spray.
- Add all the ingredients minus the chocolate chips to a food processor or blender. Blend on high until smooth.
- Transfer the batter to the baking pan and spread into a smooth layer.
- Bake at 350 F 15 minutes until a toothpick can be inserted in the center clean.
- Remove from the oven and let the bars set on the pan 5 minutes to harden before slicing into 12 bars.