Thank you to VeeTee Rice for sponsoring this post, and thank YOU for supporting the brands that help make Meal Prep On Fleek possible. All opinions are our own.
One dish Mexican Whole Grain Rice & Quinoa Casserole Meal Prep is an easy option for a fast weekend meal prep. Made with only 5 ingredients this gluten-free recipe is hearty, filling and a balanced meal of all macronutrients.
This Mexican Whole Grain Rice & Quinoa Casserole Meal Prep is probably one of the easiest recipes on our website! Made with only 5 ingredients, including Vee Tee Rice, which is cooked in 2 minutes you can have this in the oven in no time, so you can start working on your next meal prep recipe.
If you have been reading our blog for a while, you know that we are very big on eating mostly whole ingredients. We try to stay away from things like added chemicals and preservatives in our meals. This is one of the reasons why we always use Vee Tee rice in our meal preps. Their products are free of both chemicals and preservatives. The trays are also fully recyclable, which is a huge win in our book!
The possibilities for rice meal preps is endless too! From Greek Turkey & Rice Bowls to Lighter Mango Chicken Sticky Rice, stir-fries and more! The list of possibilities with Vee Tee’s gluten-free, vegetarian-friendly rice could go on forever! We mean, did you catch the vegan curry we made with their basmati rice? It was AH-MAZING!
We know you will love the Mexican twist with their Whole Grain & Quinoa Rice just as much! Ole!
Mexican Whole Grain Rice & Quinoa Casserole Meal Prep Ingredients:
1.5 packages Vee Tee Whole Grain & Quinoa Rice Mix
1 pound chicken breast, cooked and shredded/chopped
1 cup enchilada sauce
1 cup jalapeno refried beans
1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
chives, for garnish
mixed greens and plantain chips, optional
- 1.5 servings Vee Tee Whole Grain Rice & Quinoa
- 1-2 pound Chicken Breast cooked and shredded
- 1 cup enchilada sauce can use 1 1/4 cups for more flavor, if desired
- 1 cup jalapeno refried beans
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- chives for garnish
- mixed greens for serving
- plantain chips for serving
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F
- Line a 8x8 in pan with parchment paper
- Cook VeeTee Rice according to directions
- Mix rice, chicken, refried beans, enchilada sauce and half cheese together in a bowl
- Pour mixture into baking dish
- Top with remaining cheese
- Cover and bake for about 30 minutes
- Allow to cool slightly before cutting
- Evenly divide into 4 meal prep containers
- Serve with mixed greens, plantain chips and chives, if desired.