Lighter Mango Chicken Sticky Rice Meal Prep
This Mango Chicken is made lighter and healthier! A kick of spice balances the natural sweetness of the mangos. Served with Asian sticky rice for a healthier than take-out meal that is effortless to prep.
Lighter Mango Chicken Sticky Rice Meal Prep Ingredients:
1 cup long grain white rice, uncooked
2 cups mango, cubed
1 chicken breast, boneless and skinless and diced
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
2 tbsp. chili paste
½ tsp. paprika
½ tsp. dried parsley
salt and pepper to taste
scallions, sliced for garnish
- 1 cup long grain white rice uncooked
- 2 cups Mango cubed
- 1 large Chicken Breast boneless, skinless, diced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbs chili paste
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- Salt and Pepper
- Scallions for garnish
- Place the rice in a large pot with 3 ½ cups of water and a pinch of salt. Cover the pot and let it soak 30-60 minutes. The longer it soaks the stickier it will become.
- After the rice has soaked, bring the pot to a boil then turn the heat to low with the cover off to one side. Keep the heat on until all the water has been absorbed.
- To make the chicken, place the diced chicken in a large pan with the extra virgin olive oil, rice wine vinegar, chili paste, paprika, salt and pepper and bring to medium heat.
- Cook the chicken 5-7 minutes until browned.
- Reduce the heat then stir in the mango.
- Place the rice and chicken in meal prep containers. Garnish the chicken with sliced scallions as desired.