One of the greatest benefits of essential oils is that their uses and benefits tend to overlap. In situations where your go-to is not readily on hand, or during times when you want to try something else for a different aroma, you can try substituting different oils for some of our most popular oils and blends.
It is good to keep in mind that, although oils can share key benefits, there are still tradeoffs. No two oils are going to be exactly the same. With more than 90 types of essential oils, each with its own unique smell and potential health benefits.
Here’s a list of 10 popular essential oils and the health claims associated with them:
- Peppermint: used to boost energy and aid digestion
- Lavender: used to relieve stress
- Sandalwood: used to calm nerves and help with focus
- Bergamot: used to reduce stress and improve skin conditions like eczema
- Rose: used to improve mood and reduce anxiety
- Chamomile: used to improve mood and relaxation
- Ylang-Ylang: used to treat headaches, nausea, and skin conditions
- Tea Tree: used to fight infections and boost immunity
- Jasmine: used to help with depression, childbirth, and libido
- Lemon: used to aid digestion, mood, headaches, and more
With this in mind we’ve listed some of the most popular Essential Oils and the closest swap.
Here are the Top 10 most popular Essential Oil Swaps
- Doterra On Guard > NOW Essential Oils Nature’s Shield
- Doterra Wild Orange > NOW Essential Oils Organic Orange
- Doterra Lemon > NOW Essential Oils Organic Lemon
- Doterra Tea Tree > NOW Essential Oils Organic Tea Tree
- Doterra Breathe > NOW Essential Oils Clear the Air
- Doterra DigestZen > DoTerra recommends that this blend be used by ingesting the oil, NOW does not recommend ingesting essential oils. We’d recommend maybe having a balancing blend in this spot with our Peace & Harmony blend.
- Doterra Peppermint > NOW Essential Oils Organic Peppermint Oil
- Doterra Lavender > NOW Essential Oils Organic Lavender
- Doterra Serenity > NOW Essential Oils Peaceful Sleep
- Doterra Spearmint > NOW Essential Spearmint