Salmon Cobb Salad Meal Prep
Meal prep fam, we know you’re all out here just trying to live your best life. But sometimes #thestruggleisreal and you accidentally promise your co-worker you’ll do Whole30 with them ? You have good intentions, we know- you really are a gem. But now what? If you don’t have any easy meal prep ideas, and you’re getting hangry. Well what if we told you we had a killer lunch (or healthy dinner) recipe that is gluten free, low carb, paleo, and Whole30-friendly? And will actually leave you feeling full and satisfied? Would you believe us? We came up with this delicious Salmon Cobb Salad Meal Prep so you’d have to!
A classic Cobb salad has eggs, bacon, and chicken as its protein sources, but we decided to sub the chicken for wild-caught salmon for an extra boost of varied nutrition. A single serving of salmon has some of the highest amounts of omega-3s (in the form of DHA and EPA) of any other type of fish: an impressive 2-4 times what most organizations recommend as the daily intake for a healthy individual! In addition to these essential fatty acids, one serving of salmon offers an entire day’s worth of Vitamin D, more than half your recommended daily value of selenium, and significant servings of B12, B6, and other trace minerals. Don’t go thinking you necessarily need to start having salmon for every meal, but if you love it as much as we do we have a few other salmon meal prep ideas for you. Check out this delicious Apricot Salmon Meal Prep and super easy Turmeric Ginger Salmon. You’re welcome.
We suggest a classic simple Red Wine Vinaigrette for this Salmon Cobb Salad. There are finally clean and delicious salad dressings on the market these days, many of which are suitable for all of the diets we build our meal prep ideas around. But a lot of them will cost you upwards of $6/bottle. Yikes. Having a go-to DIY salad dressing recipe like this one can save you lots of calories and lots of money over the years. And hey, we get it… sometimes you just don’t want another salad! If that’s the case, here are 25 healthy meal prep recipes for people who hate salads…
Let us know in the comments below what you think of this salmon meal prep!
Salmon Cobb Salad Meal Prep Ingredients:
8 slices bacon
2-3 wild Alaskan salmon filets
8 cups romaine lettuce
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
1 avocado, sliced
Himalayan sea salt
4 TBS red wine vinegar
4 TBS olive oil
Salmon Cobb Salad Meal Prep
- 4 large eggs
- 8 slices bacon we used Pederson Farm brand (60 calories for 2 slices)
- 2-3 4 ounce salmon filets we used 2
- 8 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 pint Grape Tomatoes halved
- 1 large Avocado sliced
- salt & pepper as desired
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place salmon filet on the sheet and season with a bit of Himalayan sea salt and black pepper. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until bright pink and tender. Set aside and flake for serving.
- Boil the eggs by adding to boil water for 10 minutes, then rinsing and peeling under cool water. Quarter them and set aside.
- Prepare the bacon by adding to a nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Cook for 5-8 minutes, flipping once halfway, until well browned and crispy. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain, then crumble into large chunks.
- Wash and chop any remaining vegetables.
- Prepare the red wine vinaigrette by mixing 1 TBS of red wine vinegar with 1 TBS olive oil in individual containers.
- Divide lettuce between 4 meal prep containers then add the tomato, avocado, bleu cheese, bacon bits, eggs, and baked salmon. Store dressing on the side. Add a dash of Himalayan sea salt and black pepper on top, if desired. Keeps in the fridge for 3-4 days.