Beef and Vegetable Fried Rice - how simple can you go? And how right on time for this classic dish. At MPOF, we wanted to combine the sweet memories of your favorite takeout along with the ease and reliability of doing it yourself. That makes for a perfect meal prep recipe. Fried rice became a thing during the Sui Dynasty in China. All fried rice dishes, including this one, has an ancestor in Chinese fried rice.
Settle in for some easy instructions with a simple set of we put together for you. With Beef and Vegetable Fried Rice, you get to tailor your carb and protein macros to the perfect ratio for your goals. The total meal prep time is only 25 minutes and you end up with 4 portions to fuel your future.
Beef and Vegetable Fried Rice. This recipe is high in protein and nutrition. It is the perfect alternative to your favorite takeout!
How long will Beef and Vegetable Fried Rice last for?
Your refrigerator shelf life for Beef and Vegetable Fried Rice will be 3-4 days as long as it’s properly stored in shallow, airtight containers. Plastic containers work perfectly to keep you on the move and glass is great for gentle reheating in the oven or microwave.
Can Beef and Vegetable Fried Rice be frozen?
This meal prep recipe will maintain its flavor and quality for 2-3 months and stay safe for longer freeze times. Additionally, this is an amazing meal fresh or thawed (after being frozen) so you can plan ahead to suit your schedule.
How do you make Beef and Vegetable Fried Rice?
The versatility of Ground Beef has made it one of America’s all-time favorite go-to cuts. From burgers to lasagna, tacos to meatloaf, pasta sauce to wraps, Ground Beef offers quick, easy and delicious options for any meal and any occasion.
In addition to being absolutely delicious and versatile, Ground Beef that is 93% lean or leaner meets government guidelines for “lean”. If you’re trying to choose lean meats, this is an excellent source for you. Lean Ground Beef that is 93% or leaner is a perfect protein option for meals that use a sauce. For instance, this Beef and Vegetable Fried Rice takes just 25 minutes to cook.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Iron, Potassium, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, Selenium, and Choline; and a good source of Dietary Fiber.
After you choose how you’d like to make your rice, it will take you just 10 minutes to gather a simple set of ingredients and prep for Beef and Vegetable Fried Rice: beef, vegetables, and seasoning. Cooking time is s short 15 minutes and you’ll have four fantastic portions to serve your goals in the coming days. Remember to cook your beef to an internal temperature of 160° and then add your vegetables.
If you're looking for swaps for white rice, check out his list of healthy alternatives for white rice
How to portion Beef and Vegetable Fried Rice?
This simple meal-prep recipe portions easily as a balanced meal all in one! Use 4 single compartment meal prep containers and you’re set to go. If you’re fine-tuning your macros, add the side along with your beef using the separators in a dual compartment meal prep container.
More Beef meal prep recipes:
Nearly every culture has contributed to the creative consumption of beef! We love how many ways there are to satisfy your hunger quickly and effectively with an endless variety of flavors. Here are a few more awesome Beef recipes that could add to your weekly meal planner:
- Jamaican Beef Stew for a spice-fully comforting different take on beef
- Korean Beef Bowls for a fast meal prep that is distinctly eastern but not the norm
- Beef lovers unite with our 25 High Protein Beef Meal Prep Recipes
Other tips for making Beef and Vegetable Fried Rice:
- Firstly, before freezing your ground beef, flatten your divided-up beef inside ziplock bags with a rolling pin or by hand until it’s ½-inch thin. It will defrost more quickly.
- Defrost your beef in the fridge if you have 2 hours.
- Also, use cold water to defrost your frozen beef if you have less than 15 minutes.
- Find fresh vegetables by supporting your local farmers’ market if you have one. You’ll feel great in body and mind knowing you’re eating food lovingly brought to you by your local community.
Beef and Vegetable Fried Rice Ingredients:
- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger or ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cups cold cooked rice
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons Tamari sauce
- 1 package (6 ounces) frozen pea pods
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onions
Recipe courtesy of The Kansas Beef Board