Keto Sun Dried Tomato, Mozzarella & Basil Stuffed Chicken. Tender, juicy chicken breast stuffed with sweet sun-dried tomatoes, melted mozzarella cheese and fresh basil made in ONE pan. A fast & easy keto meal that is perfect for lunch or dinner. Gluten Free.
Keto Sun-Dried Tomato, Mozzarella & Basil Stuffed Chicken
One thing you can be sure not to find around here is BORING CHICKEN! We have always loved stuffing chicken because there are so many options to play with and it adds so much flavor! Fresh basil was on sale at the store last week, so we scooped some up and were set to go. We had the rest of the ingredients on hand at home.
Keto Sun-Dried Tomato, Mozzarella & Basil Stuffed Chicken is also one of those dishes you want to keep in your back pocket for days when you just don’t feel like cooking (or meal prepping, period.) You can pull this incredibly easy dish together start to table 😉 in 20 minutes. Serve it with your favorite side or white rice alternative for a complete meal. If you are keto and serving this as the complete meal, you can easily make this a recipe for two and increase the amount of cheese/oil used in the recipe.
STAY TUNED: We are thinking a stuffed chicken breast with kale, cranberries and goat cheese might make a nice winter dish. What do you think?
Keto Sun Dried Tomato, Mozzarella & Basil Stuffed Chicken Ingredients:
1 pound chicken breast
1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
2.5 ounces fresh mozzarella
handful fresh basil
1.5 tsp olive oil
1/8 tsp coriander
salt & pepper, to taste
zucchini noodles, optional
Keto Sun Dried Tomato, Mozzarella & Basil Stuffed Chicken
- 1 pound Chicken Breast cut into 4 pieces and pounded thin
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 2.5 ounces fresh mozzarella can sub shredded
- handful fresh basil
- 1/8 tsp coriander
- 1.5 tsp olive oil or oil of choice
- salt & pepper to taste
- zucchini noodles
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- After you have pounded your chicken breasts thin, evenly divide the basil, sun dried tomatoes and mozzarella between each chicken breast, placing the ingredients to the left side of the chicken breast.
- Fold the right side of the chicken breast over the filling and secure with toothpicks, if desired.
- Heat 1.5 tsp olive oil in a cast iron skillet and sear the chicken breasts on both side. Now, you can continue to cook the chicken on the stovetop until it is done OR transfer your cast iron skillet to the oven until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Another option is to skip the searing and just cook the chicken in the oven. Depending on the size of your chicken breasts this will take about 18-20 minutes. Just be sure to check the internal temperture has hit 165 degrees F.
- Optional: Serve with zucchini noodles and more fresh basil or sides of choice. Great options would be pasta (if not keto), spaghetti squash, fresh spinach or brown rice (not keto).