Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas Meal Prep
This classic enchilada recipe is put together in a snap using 2 handy shortcuts- a precooked whole chicken, and a few ingredients added to a verde salsa to make a delicious & quick enchilada sauce. Mix up the protein — use pork, ground beef, or black beans for a vegetarian twist.
Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas Meal Prep Ingredients:
12 corn tortillas
1 rotisserie chicken
1 ½ cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1 large zucchini, sliced
2 ears corn, cut off cob
Salt and pepper, to taste
Cilantro and avocado,to garnish, optional
Verde Enchilada Sauce:
1 16-ounce jar salsa verde
1 cup cilantro, packed
½ cup greek yogurt
⅓ cup chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
½ teaspoon cumin
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 large zucchini sliced
- 2 ears Corn kernels cut off
- salt & pepper
- cilantro & lime for granish
- 16 ounces salsa verde
- 1 cup cilantro packed
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Add all the sauce ingredients to a blender, and process to form a smooth sauce. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a 9x13 casserole dish, add about half of the enchilada sauce.
- One at a time, dip the tortillas into the enchilada sauce to fully coat, and then fill with chicken, cheese, and a spoonful of additional sauce. Roll, and repeat with the rest of the tortillas.
- Top the enchiladas with the remaining sauce and cheese, and cover with foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes, uncover, and bake for another 5 minutes, or until sauce is bubbling and the cheese begins to brown.
- While the enchiladas are baking, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a frying pan over medium high heat. Saute zucchini and corn, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish enchiladas with extra cilantro and avocado, as desired.