Roasted Mediterranean Cauliflower Gnocchi & Veggies
Mmm, gnocchi! Anyone who’s ever had it will tell you how much of a treat it is. Though it can be made from a number of different things, in general, it consists of starchy, flour-based ingredients, all of which are a no-go for anyone on a low-carb diet or who have gluten allergies, Fortunately, here at MPOF we have no shortage of meal prep ideas, and we’re happy to tell you that you can still enjoy gnocchi and have it be within your dietary guidelines! How? Because of this incredibly healthy roasted Mediterranean cauliflower gnocchi recipe!
We understand that sometimes it can be hard to get in your recommended daily intake of veggies, especially if you get tired of the same meal prep ideas week in and week out! Lucky for you, this cauliflower gnocchi recipe is here to save you from the dread of eating bland or boring vegetables for your prepped meals again for work or school. We used Trader Joe’s cauliflower gnocchi for this meal prep idea, and we were thrilled because it actually had a similar texture to traditional flour-based gnocchi varieties! It’s such an epic win when things that are actually really good for you, taste like they shouldn’t be, don’t you think?
Roasted Mediterranean Cauliflower Gnocchi & Veggies is an easy sheet pan meal that’s perfect for a fast Sunday meal prep or a quick weeknight meal when you want something tasty and nourishing.
How long will these Roasted Mediterranean Cauliflower Gnocchi Veggies last for?
Fresh cauliflower will last you about two weeks in the fridge—But because the cauliflower and other veggies in this meal prep idea are cooked, we found the dish to last between 3 and 5 days in total.
Can these Roasted Mediterranean Cauliflower Gnocchi Veggies be frozen?
Yes! If you love this recipe as a meal prep idea, consider making lots of it ahead of time, because it should last 2-3 months in your freezer!
How do you make these Roasted Mediterranean Cauliflower Gnocchi Veggies?
We love this meal prep idea because it comes together in a flash of just 30 minutes! Start the process by preheating your oven to 425 °F. While you wait, mix all ingredients (except for the cauliflower gnocchi) together in a large bowl, until everything is well-coated in oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Empty the mixture onto a sheet pan, then add the gnocchi pieces. Spread evenly across pan surface and roast on the top oven rack for 10-15 minutes. Shift veggies on the pan, then return to the top rack for another 5-10 minutes. Broil on 500 °F for 3-5 minutes, and you’re ready to serve!
How to portion this Roasted Mediterranean Recipe?
We portioned this dish into simple one-compartment meal prep containers! Lacking in the container department? Don’t worry, you can read our Ultimate Guide to Meal Prep Containers, or purchase some that we highly recommend right here!
More cauliflower meal prep ideas:
We’re big fans of broccoli’s paler cousin here at MPOF! If you want even more cauliflower meal prep ideas, consider these General Tso’s Cauliflower Bowls or this flavorful Cauliflower Steak With Quinoa & Tahini for your next round of meal prep.
Other tips for making these Roasted Mediterranean Cauliflower Gnocchi Veggies:
- For more tender cauliflower gnocchi pieces, try boiling or microwaving them.
- Each bag retails for just $2.69 at Trader Joe’s, and is grown and processed in Italy!
Roasted Mediterranean Cauliflower Gnocchi & Veggies Ingredients:
- 1 Bag of Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi (frozen, unthawed)
- 1 Small Red Onion (roughly cut into chunky pieces)
- 5 C. Baby Sweet Peppers (halved lengthwise)
- 1 Medium/Large Yellow Squash (quartered lengthwise then sliced into 1” thick pieces)
- 1 C. Grape Tomatoes (halved)
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 2 Tbsp. Avocado Oil (or your preferred high-heat safe oil)
- 1 Medium/Large Zucchini (quartered lengthwise then sliced into 1” thick pieces)
- 1 tsp. Pink Himalayan Salt (or Sea Salt)
- 1 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1 bag Trader Joe's Cauliflower Gnocchi or gnocchi of choice
- 5 cups baby sweet peppers halved lengthwise
- 1 medium zucchini quartered lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium summer squash quartered lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup Grape Tomatoes halved
- 1 small red onion cut into chunks
- 1/2 Lemon juiced
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 ℉.
- To a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients except for the cauliflower gnocchi.
- Mix until everything is well coated in the oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Next, empty the bowl out onto a large sheet pan.
- Add frozen cauliflower gnocchi and spread everything out on the pan — making sure everything is level so it will cook evenly.
- Place on top rack and roast for ~10-15 minutes then give everything a stir and return to the top rack for another ~5-10 minutes.
- To finish, turn on the broiler (500 ℉) and let broil for ~3-5 mins to add some additional color and flavor.
- Serve, store, and enjoy!