High Protein Chicken Meal Prep
This meal prep recipe is a simple combination of chicken thighs, crisp red grapes, blue cheese and warm fall spices that is best served with greens or a big chunk or crusty bread. It can work as a meal prep lunch, a fast weeknight dinner or even a meal to be served to family and friends at a weekend gathering.
One Skillet Chicken Thighs With Roasted Grapes & Blue Cheese is an easy meal prep recipe that combines the best of both sweet and savory. Serve with fresh greens for added brightness. Gluten Free.
What’s with the grapes?
With grapes in prime season right now, we love adding them to our meal prep recipes along with a bit of blue cheese to change up our flavors because no one wants to be stuck eating boring chicken recipes all week! The combination of salty and sweet is one your tastebuds won’t be expecting! Oh, and the hints of warm spices– a game changer.
If you are looking to lower the fat a bit on the recipe for this One Skillet Chicken Thighs With Roasted Grapes and Blue Cheese recipe, you can use skinless chicken thighs in place of skin on or even boneless, skinless chicken breast. Just be sure to adjust your cooking time accordingly.
As mentioned above, we like to pair it with fresh greens (we used arugula here) or crusty bread, but this would also be amazing served with quinoa, brown rice or any other of your favorite grains. For those who aren’t fans of blue cheese, give feta or goat cheese a try! They will work just as well!
Meal Prep Recipe Video:
One Skillet Chicken Thighs With Roasted Grapes & Blue Cheese Ingredients:
1 pound boneless, skin on chicken thighs (3-4 small thighs)
1 pound red grapes
1 tbs olive oil
1 tsp ground star anise (or 1 whole star)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
salt & pepper, to taste
6 tbs mild, creamy blue cheese (Gorgonzola)
fresh lemon, sliced
2 cups arugula
One Skillet Chicken Thighs With Roasted Grapes & Blue Cheese
- 1 pound boneless, skin on chicken thighs 3-4 small
- 1 pound red grapes
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp ground star anise or 1 whole star NOT anise (make sure it says star anise)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- salt & pepper
- 6 tbs mild and creamy blue cheese Gorgonzola
- fresh thyme
- fresh lemon sliced
- 2 cups arugula
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- Season the chicken with ground cinnamon, star anise, salt & pepper
- Heat oil over medium high heat. Add each piece of seasoned chicken, skin-side down and fry for a few minutes or until golden; flip and cook for a few more minutes
- Add your grapes to the skillet and bake for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through
- Remove from the oven and top with fresh thyme, blue cheese and serve over arugula with lemon slices and zest, if desired