Breakfast sandwiches make the morning so much easier, especially with these freezer-friendly meal preps!
These meal prep breakfast sandwiches are made with baked eggs, onion, bell pepper, sausage, and kale. It's all piled onto an English muffin and can be made ahead of time. Score! Mornings are getting easier and healthier by the minute.
How to Store Breakfast Sandwich Meal Prep
We love prepping these for the week and you can totally keep them in the fridge for a few days with no issues. However, If you are freezing them, wrap them individually in wax paper, parchment paper, or aluminum foil and place them in a freezer-safe resealable bag. Freeze for up to 1 month.
How to Serve Breakfast Sandwiches
Heat your oven to 350 degrees and warm up the sandwiches for about 5 minutes or until the cheese melts. Serve as they are, or with a side of hash browns. But honestly, this is a pretty hearty meal on its own. You just might not need anything else to go with it.
Substitutions and Alterations
- Make this vegan by using egg replacers and vegan cheese.
- Use any kind of sausage you like.
- Add some chopped tomatoes.
- Fresh herbs are amazing with eggs, such as basil, parsley, tarragon, chives, and thyme. Dried ones will work great in a pinch; start at ½ teaspoon and add more as you tweak the recipe.
- Change the kale to spinach, Swiss chard, or arugula if desired.
Tips for Breakfast Sandwiches
- We love sprouted grain English muffins. They're hearty, have whole grains, and often, more protein and fiber. Look for them in the freezer section.
- Don't forget salt and pepper. A bit of cayenne or red pepper flakes perks up eggs really well, too.
READ MORE: 25 Grab and Go Make Ahead Breakfast Ideas
Pro Tip: Habit forming is the key to effective, lifelong, health and wellness success. I made a Habit Forming workbook, by writing out a process and strategy to help you make the most our of your day/week/month. Get it for Free HERE
- 12 eggs
- 1 bell pepper
- ¼ white onion
- 4 chopped breakfast chicken sausage links
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 4 breakfast sandwich buns
- Heat oven to 350° and spray a 9x9 cooking pan with avocado spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chopped kale, sausage and diced onion and bell pepper.
- Then, add all 12 eggs in a separate mixing bowl (plus salt & pepper as preferred) and stir together until fully mixed.
- Pour the mixed eggs into the large mixing bowl with the other ingredients and mix together until everything is fully covered in the eggs.
- Pour ingredients into the cooking pan and place in the oven.
- Cook approximately 45 minutes or until the eggs have completely cooked.
- After it has cooked, take it out of the oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- While that is cooling, place the breakfast buns into the toaster.
- Slice the egg pan mixture into four pieces and place on the buns.
- Distribute into meal prep containers and enjoy!
Option to add cheese slices to each sandwich. Macros not included for cheese.