Triple Chocolate Brownie Cake
This Vegan Triple Chocolate Brownie Cake is a dairy-free, egg-free, and paleo way to enjoy a healthy, yet decadent vegan dessert! The dark chocolate ganache adds an almost sinful, yet elegant touch.
We spend most of our meal prep time on Sunday making healthy meals like slow cooker beef ragu, one pan fajita salmon, and baked buffalo chicken casserole. But, what do you make to satisfy your sweet cravings during the week? You could make a healthy bite recipe or even some granola, but sometimes those just won’t do. Sometimes you just want something rich. Something sinful. Something loaded with chocolate. Maybe a brownie? Maybe a cake? What about both?!
Oh yes, we did! We took two of our favorite chocolate desserts, brownies, and cake, and made them into one recipe. This insanely delicious, yet shockingly healthy Vegan Triple Chocolate Brownie Cake. Yes, we said vegan. Stop, stop! Don’t go running away! We promise you this recipe will blow your mind. It is dense, rich and fudgy but without the guilt. And did we mention that it’s finished with a healthy, yet sinful tasting chocolate ganache? We thought that would draw you back in.
TBH (to be honest), once you check out the ingredients for this Vegan Triple Chocolate Brownie Cake below, you might even agree with us that it is healthy enough for breakfast. We mean, chocolate chip pancakes and muffins are a breakfast thing, right? These brownies are, honestly, probably healthier. Actually, we guarantee they are healthier than any muffin you will find at your local store.
If you are thinking we are still crazy for saying these could be eaten for breakfast, then let’s make a deal. Swap out the ganache on top for some fresh macerated raspberries or strawberries. The berries will add a nice touch of natural sweetness.
Vegan Triple Chocolate Brownie Cake Ingredients:
1/2 cup coconut flour (56g)
1/3 cup dark chocolate cocoa (or cacao) powder
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 cup Nuttzochocolate nut butter
1 1/4 cup Kite Hill dairy free plain, unsweetened yogurt
2 tbsp coconut oil
2-3 tbsp maple syrup
1/3 cup Enjoy Life dairy-free chocolate chips + 1/2 cup
1/4 cup chia seeds
1 cup almond milk + 1/4 cup
PRO TIP: Make this for your next holiday party. Your guests won’t even know they are eating something healthy. And for you, our meal prepping friends, you will be able to easily fit it into your macros without anyone knowing. Cheers to a happy holiday!
Triple Chocolate Brownie Cake
- 1/2 cup coconut flour 56g
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate cocoa powder or cacao powder for paleo
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate nut butter can sub with any nut butter
- 1 1/4 cup dairy free yogurt* can sub greek yogurt if not vegan or paleo
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil melted
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Chia Seeds
- 1 cup almond milk or milk of choice
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- Mix together chia seeds and 1 cup almond milk. Set aside for 20 minutes to form your pudding.
- Mix together all dry ingredients: coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and a pinch of salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together nut butter, yogurt, vanilla extract, melted coconut oil and maple syrup.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 8-10 in cake pan with parchment paper or spray with nonstick cooking spray. (You can also oil the pan).
- After 20 minutes, mix together the dry ingredients, chia pudding and wet ingredients. Fold in 1/3 cup chocolate chips.
- Pour into your cake pan and bake ~55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool. Melt together 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1/4 cup almond milk.
- Spread over the top of the cooled cake.
- Enjoy warm or slice and store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.