Baked Fish and Chips Meal Prep. This recipe is packed with flavor and a satisfying, fry-free crunch. You’re sure to enjoy this baked and gluten free take on classic fish and chips!
Baked Fish and Chips Ingredients:
- 2.5 lbs. Wild Atlantic Cod Fillets (fresh or thawed; cut into half/thick strips)
- 1 Large Russet Potato (cut into thick fries)
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
- 1 Lemon (quartered into wedges)
- 2 C. Frozen Peas
- 5 C. Gluten Free Panko Breadcrumbs (dry toasted in oven until golden brown)
- 1 C. Gluten Free All-purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp. Dried Dill
- 1 Tbsp. Avocado Oil.
- 1/2 tsp. Pink Himalayan Salt (or Sea Salt)
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- *Optional: 2 C. arugula
- 2.5 pounds wild Atlantic cod fresh or thawed, cut into thick strips
- 1 large russett potato cut into thick fries
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 Lemon
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1.5 cups gluten free panko bread crumbs dry toasted in the oven until golden
- 1 cup gluten free all-purpose baking flour
- 1 tbsp dried dill
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Pepper
- 2 cup arugula
- Preheat oven to 450℉.
- Line 2 sheet pans with foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, toss oil and potatoes until well-coated. Evenly spread potatoes onto one of the foil-lined sheet pans.
- Place in oven and bake for ~10-15 minutes, or until lightly golden, tender inside, and crisp outside.
- Next, designate 3 dishes for breading fish — one flour, one toasted panko, one beaten egg. Incorporate seasonings into panko mixture.
- Coat one piece of fish at a time in egg, then flour, then egg again, and finally toasted panko. Place breaded fish onto remaining foil-lined sheet pan in a single layer and place in oven. Bake for 10-12 minutes, flipping half-way through.
- While the fish and chips bake, in a medium bowl, microwave peas until bright green and heated through (~4-5 minutes). Next, gently mash peas with a fork and set aside.
- Divide fish, chips, peas, and lemon into 4 portions. Optionally serve over a bed of arugula.
- Serve, store, and enjoy!