These Whole30 Pumpkin Mustard Stuffed Cabbage rolls are hearty, healthy, and inexpensive to make! This version gets its flavor from a pumpkin mustard sauce for a high-protein, low-carb and gluten-free dish everyone will enjoy!
If you haven't cooked a whole lot with cabbage, you're in for a treat. This recipe for Whole30 pumpkin mustard stuffed cabbage may make you a believer. It's so good, you'll wonder why you've only had cabbage in coleslaw or sauerkraut before. Seriously.
The flavors here aren't too dissimilar from what you may have had in other stuffed cabbage recipes, but instead of tomato sauce, it uses pumpkin mustard.
The Benefits of Cabbage
What's even better is that this recipe is economical, too. Cabbage isn't expensive and it keeps forever in your crisper, which means you'll be able to make this at a moment's notice.
As for the other ingredients? They're mostly pantry staples, with the exception of cauliflower and ground beef.
Substitutions and Alterations
You'll need cabbage, but you can use red or green cabbage. Admittedly, the latter works better, simply because heads of green cabbage tend to be larger. And that's important because you'll need enough surface area to stuff them with all these delicious ingredients, and roll them up. Then, they'll get nestled in the pot and simmer away.
If you can't find the pumpkin mustard sauce we've specified in this recipe, combine ½ cup pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie puree!) in a small bowl with 2 to 3 tablespoons of both Dijon mustard and apple cider vinegar. Add a little salt and pepper to taste and stir until it's all integrated. You'll have what you need for these pumpkin mustard stuffed cabbage rolls.
READ MORE: Do you love pumpkin? Try our Crockpot Pumpkin Chili Meal Prep!
Whole30 Pumpkin Mustard Stuffed Cabbage Ingredients:
- 6-8 large cabbage leaves
- 3 cups grated cauliflower
- 1 tbsp. ghee
- ¾ cups onion, diced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 whole eggs, whisked
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- ¾ bottle Pumpkin Mustard
- Hemp seeds, optional
If you aren't enjoying these right away you can evenly divide them into your meal prep containers and enjoy them for lunch during the week!
Whole30 Pumpkin Mustard Stuffed Cabbage Meal Prep Recipe
- 6-8 large cabbage leaves
- 3 cups cauliflower grated
- 1 tbs ghee
- ¾ cup onion diced
- 1 pound ground beef lean ground
- 1 large egg whisked
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon optional
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg optional
- ¾ bottle pumpkin mustard
- hemp seeds optional
- Boil cabbage leaves about 2 minutes or until soft. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook beef, onions, and seasonings with ghee in a medium skillet until no pink remains. Drain any fat. Add in rice cauliflower and egg.
- Spread a very thin layer of the pumpkin mustard sauce into the bottom of a lined pan.
- Remove any thick stem on cabbage leaves. Lay the cabbage leaf flat and add ⅓ cup filling to the center of the leaf.
- Roll cabbage leaf up like a burrito. Repeat with remaining cabbage.
- Pour remaining pumpkin mustard sauce over the cabbage and cover tightly with foil.
- Bake 45-50 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes before serving.
- Top with hemp seeds, if desired.