Pan-Roasted Chicken Meal Prep with Dijon Mushroom Sauce and Israeli Couscous
Chicken gets a major flavor upgrade when Dijon mustard is involved. In fact, it’s one of our secret weapons in the kitchen. Hailing from Dijon, France, this grayish-yellow condiment pairs impeccably with garlic and lemon to lend a distinct and rich flavor to the sauce.
Easy Pan-Roasted Chicken Meal Prep
- 8 oz Button Mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic
- 24 oz Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Israeli Couscous
- 1 oz Chicken Stock Concentrate
- 8 tbsp Sour Cream
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 ea Lemon
- 4 oz Arugala
- 10 tsp olive oil
- Preheat and prep: Wash and dry all produce. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Thinly slice mushrooms and garlic.
- Cook the chicken: Heat a large drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Season chicken on all sides with salt and pepper. Cook until browned but not yet cooked through, 2-3 minutes per side. Place on a baking sheet, and bake until juices run clear when pierced with a knife, 10-11 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes.
- Cook the couscous: Add Israeli couscous to boiling water, and cook until al dente, 8-9 minutes. Drain (just like pasta).
- Cook the mushrooms: Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of olive oil in same pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add mushrooms and toss until browned, 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper
- Make the sauce: Add ½ cup water and stock concentrate. Scrape up any browned bits from pan. Simmer on low until reduced by half, 2-3 minutes. Remove pan from heat, and stir in sour cream and 1 tsp Dijon mustard. Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Toss the salad and serve: Halve lemon. Toss arugula in a medium bowl with a squeeze of lemon and a large drizzle of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Thinly slice chicken, serve on a bed of couscous, drizzle with sauce, and serve alongside salad. Enjoy