Zuppa Pomodoro Meal Prep is a classic Italian soup recipe that can be enjoyed warm or cold. Loaded with fresh veggies, we have made this hearty soup recipe so easy that it comes together in just 30 minutes.
Zuppa Pomodoro Meal Prep Ingredients:
- 3 Slices Sourdough Bread, Gluten Free
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Diced Onion
- 1 Cup Diced Carrots
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Diced Garlic
- 6 Ounce Can Tomato Paste
- 4 Cups Vegetable Stock
- 28 Ounce Can Fire Roasted, Crushed Tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup Orzo Pasta
- 1/3 Cup Hemp Hearts
- 1/2 Cup Basil, roughly chopped + more leaves for garnish
Zuppa Pomodoro Meal Prep
- 3 slices gluten free sourdough bread
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 6 tbs diced garlic
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 28 ounces crushed fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 cup orzo pasta
- 1/3 cup hemp hearts
- 1/2 cup basil roughly chopped + garnish
- Preheat oven to 250° Fahrenheit. Cut sourdough into cubes, place on a large baking sheet, and place in oven for 20 minutes, tossing after 10 minutes, until bread is crunchy.
- While the bread is in the oven, heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Add in the olive oil, onions, carrots, salt and pepper, cooking for 5 minutes until the vegetables are soft, and the onions are translucent. Add in the garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Add in the tomato paste, mixing with the vegetables, then add 1 cup of the vegetable stock. Mix well, until the tomato paste has broken up and is not lumpy. Add in the remaining vegetable stock and crushed tomatoes. Mix well.
- To the tomato mixture, add in the orzo pasta, and hemp hearts. Bring to a boil, then turn heat down to low, simmering for 10 minutes, or until the orzo has plumped and is tender.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly, about 5 minutes. Add in the basil, and mix well. Divide among 4 dual-compartment Meal Prep On Fleek containers, and top with more basil leaves for garnish. Add sourdough croutons to the small compartment, and you have 4 meals ready to go!