Did someone say one skillet? Yup! One Skillet Shrimp with Tomato and Avocado. It’s all the foods we love together in one healthy, paleo-friendly, gluten-free, low-carb recipe!
By now you are fully aware of our love for all things avocado, but did you know we also love shrimp? They are a low-calorie, low-fat source of protein. Four ounces of raw shrimp has only 120 calories, 27g of protein and 1g of fat. Now those are some killer macros for making meal prep dishes that fit your nutritional goals!
As if you need another reason to love this recipe, it also works great as a quick weeknight dinner if you are short on time! Oh, and did we mention it’s made with avocado? 😉 Enough said. Just try it. You can thank us later.
- 2 tbsp ghee or grass-fed butter
- 1 lbs Shrimp peeled
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 ea Scallions chopped and separated into white and green sections
- 1 lbs tomatoes seeded and diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1-2 tsp chipotle peppers in adobo sauce minced
- 1 ea Avocado seeded and diced
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 cup Fresh cilantro chopped
- Heat ghee or butter in skillet over medium high heat.
- Season shrimp with 1/2 teaspoon of dried parsley plus a little salt and pepper. Place shrimp in hot pan and cook about 1 minute, then flip the shrimp over
- Next add tomatoes, white scallion parts, minced garlic, and minced chipotle – cook everything a minute or two until shrimp turns opaque.
- Remove from heat and stir in the diced avocados, green scallion parts, lime juice, and cilantro. Plate and serve.