Moroccan Turmeric Chicken Stew
This chicken stew has an anti-inflammatory boost! Seasoned with Moroccan flavors, it’s pungent, fragrant and slightly sweet. Serve over cauliflower rice, white or brown rice for a warm lunch or dinner.
Moroccan Turmeric Chicken Stew Ingredients:
2 large chicken breasts, boneless skinless & chopped into ½ inch pieces
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp. minced garlic
28 ounces diced tomatoes with juices
1 ½ cups carrots, diced
½ cup onions, diced
3 cups chicken stock
1 tsp. turmeric
½ tsp. cumin
½ tsp. coriander
½ tsp. ground ginger
½ tsp. cinnamon
4 cups cooked cauliflower rice, or white or brown rice
parsley for garnish
salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces Chicken Breast cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 1/2 cups Carrots diced
- 1/3 cup onions diced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 cups rice cauliflower cooked
- parsley for garnish
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat a large pot over high heat with extra virgin olive oil.
- Add carrots, onions and garlic. Sauté 4-5 minutes until tender.
- Place diced chicken in the pot. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook 8 minutes until chicken is almost cooked through. It doesn’t have to be done at this point.
- To the pot, add turmeric, coriander, ginger, cinnamon, diced tomatoes with juices and chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a low simmer. Cover the pot and cook 45 minutes on a low heat.
- Serve with cooked cauliflower rice, white or brown rice and parsley for garnish.