Low Carb Bacon Cauliflower Soup
Ok, we are going to be straight with you. This ‘Low Carb Bacon Cauliflower Soup’ really should be called, ‘We Can’t Believe It’s Not Loaded Bacon Potato Soup’ because it tastes exactly like it! We love our potatoes, but sometimes we need something a little lighter, yet still hearty, filling, flavorful, and comforting. This soup does all of that plus more!
This Low Carb Bacon Cauliflower Soup is deliciously easy. Warm, thick and filled with cheesy flavor while being gluten-free and paleo friendly!
Recipes like this Low Carb Bacon Cauliflower Soup are a great addition to any diet, but especially those looking to lose weight. This recipe is low in both fat and calories, but not nutrients or flavor! And we know that the key to food satisfaction is flavor! We also kept the recipe gluten-free and paleo for those following more restricted diets. You could easily make this recipe vegan by leaving out the bacon or substituting it with vegan bacon.
For those that just can’t live without carbs this pairs nicely with a big piece of crusty bread (not for paleo) or your favorite paleo friendly crackers, such as Jilz.
Low Carb Bacon Cauliflower Soup Ingredients:
1 large head cauliflower, chopped coarsely
8 slices bacon, cooked
½ cup nutritional yeast
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
½ cup white onion, diced
3 cups low sodium chicken broth
1 tsp. garlic powder
salt & pepper to taste
diced green chilies for garnish
- 1 large head cauliflower coarsely chopped
- 8 slices bacon cooked*
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup white onion diced
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- diced green chiles for garnish optional
- Add extra virgin olive oil and onion to a pot and bring to medium heat.
- Sauté 2-3 minutes until translucent then add cauliflower, garlic powder, salt and pepper to the pot.
- Cook 5 minutes then add broth, and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low simmer and stir in nutritional yeast.
- Simmer 15 minutes then bring turn off the heat.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender or food process. Process until smooth.
- Transfer back to the pot. Crumble bacon and add it to the pot.
- Serve garnished with diced green chilies, if desired.