Gluten Free Cinnamon Roll Meal Prep
These gluten-free cinnamon rolls are firm on the outside, but soft and fluffy on the inside. The secret to gluten-free bread baking is ground psyllium husk!
Gluten Free Cinnamon Roll Meal Prep Ingredients:
• 3 ¼ cup gluten-free flour blend (see note)*
• 1 ½ cup oat flour
• ¼ cup ground psyllium husk
• 3 Tablespoons coconut sugar
• 2 ¼ tsp (¼ oz packet) instant yeast
• 1 Tablespoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
• 2 cups warm water, about 110 degrees F
• 2 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
• 2 large eggs
• Vegetable oil spray
• ½ cup coconut sugar
• 1 ½ Tablespoons ground cinnamon
• Dark maple syrup, as needed
- 3.5 cups gluten free flour blend see notes
- 1.5 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup ground psyllium husk
- 3 tbs Coconut Sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp instant yeast
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 cups warm water about 110 degrees
- 2 tbs Coconut Oil melted
- 2 large eggs
- coconut oil spray
- 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1.5 tbs ground cinnamon
- dark maple syrup as desired
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix together gluten-free flour blend, oat flour, psyllium husk, coconut sugar, instant yeast, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl, whisk together warm water, coconut oil, and eggs.
- Add half of wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix on low speed. Add remaining wet ingredients. Continue to mix on low speed until batter starts to form. Increase speed to medium and mix for 3-4 minutes. Scape down bowl as needed to ensure thorough mixing. Dough will be a bit sticky and it should look like thick cookie dough batter.
- Transfer dough to a lightly oiled 18x13-inch parchment paper. Use your hands to gently pat dough into an 18x13-inch rectangle. Alternatively, use a small rolling pin. Lightly spray surface of dough with vegetable oil spray (cooking oil spray). In a small bowl, mix together coconut sugar and ground cinnamon. Sprinkle sugar cinnamon mixture over dough.
- With the long side facing you, use the parchment paper to help roll the dough into a tight cylinder. Pinch the seams closed. Use a sharp knife to cut the log into 12 equal rolls.
- Grease a 12- cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Place cut rolls in muffin tin, Loosely cover with plastic wrap. Allow rolls to rest for 1 hour at room temperature. Dough will puff up and fill the muffin tin cavity.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove plastic wrap, Bake for 30-35 minutes until rolls are golden brown, rotate pan midway through baking.
- Allow rolls to remain in pan for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and place on wire rack to cool. Brush warm rolls with maple syrup, as desired. Serve rolls warm, or gently reheat in the microwave
- NOTE: This recipe was made using Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour blend. Results may vary with other gluten-free flour blends.