Vegan ‘Cheesy’ Spaghetti Squash Meal Prep
Paleo Whole30 “Cheesy” Spaghetti Squash! A mac ‘n’ cheese like dish filled with a creamy cashew sauce and topped with broccoli. A grain-free, gluten-free and dairy-free way to get your cheese fix! One type of food we love to meal prep is comfort food. And who doesn’t love a really, really, really good mac & cheese recipe? We definitely do! This ‘cheesy’ spaghetti squash recipe is the ultimate mac and cheese not only for the flavor but also how healthy it is. It is both vegan and whole30 friendly making it a recipe anyone can enjoy.
It is also a very easy, one-dish recipe that makes Sunday meal prep a breeze. And, like so many of our other recipes, you can customize this one too! If you are not vegan you can increase the protein by adding in shredded chicken or ground beef. You can swap the cashew cheese for regular or even amped up the veggie count with spinach or kale. It really doesn’t get easier or healthier in the realm of comfort food than this Vegan ‘Cheesy’ Spaghetti Squash Meal Prep.
Vegan ‘Cheesy’ Spaghetti Squash Meal Prep Ingredients:
2 medium spaghetti squash
4 cups broccoli florets
2 tbsp. coconut oil
2 tbsp. coconut flour
1 cup cashews, soaked in water 20 minutes
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
4 tbsp. nutritional yeast
2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
salt & pepper to taste
Vegan 'Cheesy' Spaghetti Squash Meal Prep
- 2 medium spaghetti squash
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tbs Coconut Oil
- 2 tbs coconut flour
- 1 cup cashews soaked in water 20 minutes
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 4 tbs nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper as desired
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice the spaghetti squash in half, remove the seeds and discard them. Place spaghetti squash with skin side facing up on the sheet then cover with tin foil.
- Bake the spaghetti squash at 400 F for 40 minutes.
- Remove the spaghetti from the oven and remove the foil. Flip them so the skin side is facing down on the baking sheet.
- While the spaghetti squash cools, prepare the sauce by blending the milk, nutritional yeast and cashews in a blender.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the coconut oil with coconut flour stirring together rapidly until combined.
- Next add the cashew mixture, stirring it until it thickens.
- Place the broccoli and red pepper flakes in the skillet and stir to combine. Reduce to low while you prepare the spaghetti squash.
- Remove the squash from the skin with a knife and add to the skillet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, stir and eat!