Reader Submitted Recipe:
Tomato and Spinach Shredded Chicken Bowl with Mashed Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts
Serve 5-10 (adjust to own preference)
(YES 10 haha because I was making for my dad and my boyfriend as well and I was on a cut so I didn’t have a lot myself, probably half of what they had) – Abe.Fitness.Journey
1 can cannelloni beans in water
640 g chicken breast
500g whole wheat pasta (Make this Gluten-Free with Banza Penne Pasta)
1 can natural diced tomato
100g baby spinach
1 Garlic clove
Chile flakes (optional, only if you want to spice it up)
1. Mashed sweet potato:
100g Sweet potato
1 tsp of unsalted butter
10ml of almond milk
1. Boil the sweet potato till softened.
2. Mash and mix with butter and milk.
2. Brussels Sprouts
4 brussels sprouts
1 tsp Olive oil
Pepper and salt
1. Preheat oven to 140c
2. Bake brussels sprout wit a little bit of olive oil till liking.
- 1 can cannellini beans in water
- 640 g chicken breast
- 500 g whole wheat pasta
- 1 can diced tomato
- 100 g baby spinach
- Himalayan salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- parsley to taste
- Chilli flakes optional - adds spice
- Heat coconut oil on pan and sauté diced garlic.
- Cook chicken with oregano, pepper and salt for 10 mins or until nearly done. Then shred the chicken
- In a medium sized sauce pan, heat canned diced tomato.
- Add spinach and cannelloni beans then add olive oil, pepper, chilli flakes, salt and parsley
- Add shredded chicken and cook for 10 mins or until done.
- Meanwhile, heat water to boil and cook pasta until liking.