Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken Meal Prep Recipe
A super tasty, and hands-off, lemon garlic chicken recipe that you can throw together in 5 minutes and let the slow cooker do all of the work. Whole30. Paleo. Gluten-Free.
A meal-prep recipe that comes together in 5 minutes and then does all of the work? We are in! Our favorite meal prep recipes are those that we really don’t even have to barely cook. Not because we hate cooking, but because we would rather spend those free weekend hours with family and friends.
But, we also know that we need to plan for the week so we can stay on track with our goals. The solution? Recipes like this Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken Meal Prep recipe. In the blink of an eye, you can have a week’s worth of healthy and affordable meals at your fingertips.
Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken Ingredients:
1 (4-pound) whole chicken
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
2 lemons (medium), sliced
8 garlic cloves, smashed
8 sprigs of thyme (or 1 tablespoon dry thyme powder)
How to Meal Prep a Whole Chicken :
Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken Meal Prep
- 1 whole chicken about 4 pounds
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 medium lemons sliced
- 8 cloves garlic smashed
- 8 springs fresh thyme or 1 tbsp dried thyme
- vegetables for serving
- Thoroughly pat chicken dry, inside and out, using layered paper towels. Rub the oil over the outside of the chicken. Sprinkle the inside and outside with salt and pepper. Sprinkle thyme powder inside, if using.
- Stuff the chicken with the garlic, half of the lemon, and the thyme.
- Place a rack inside the slow cooker. Alternatively, crumple some aluminum foil into balls and place them on the bottom of the slow cooker to lift the chicken up from the bottom. Place a few slices of lemon on the rack to prevent the chicken from sticking. Place the chicken on top of the rack. Spread the remaining lemon slices on top of the chicken.
- Cook covered on low for 5 to 6 hours or on high for 3 hours.
- (Optional) Turn on broiler. Transfer chicken onto a lined baking pan and place it under the broiler. Broil until the surface is browned, about 5 minutes. If you want a more evenly crisped chicken, carve it first, then broil it until the surface is browned.
- Carve and serve the chicken with your favorite sauce and steamed vegetables, or transfer into meal prep containers for later.