From the cool and refreshing tzatziki sauce to the savory New York Strip Steak and roasted vegetables, you’ll have a balanced bowl that will absolutely hit the spot during a busy week. These Mediterranean style meal prep bowls are packed with 37g of protein per serving and are definitely a perfect fit for meal prepping.
From the cool and refreshing tzatziki sauce to the savory New York Strip Steak and roasted vegetables, you’ll have a balanced bowl that will absolutely hit the spot during a busy week. These Mediterranean-styled bowls are packed with 37g of protein per serving and are definitely a perfect fit for meal prepping.
When you think of Mediterranean-inspired diets, do you think of beef? Well, maybe you should. Incorporating fresh, lean red meat into a Mediterranean-style eating pattern can help support heart health.
In fact, Research from Purdue University found that following a Mediterranean-style eating pattern that includes lean red meats, like lean beef, is just as effective in supporting a healthy heart as a Mediterranean-style diet that limits red meats. In fact, including 18 ounces of lean, fresh red meat per week as a part of a Mediterranean-style dietary pattern was found to be more effective in lowering LDL cholesterol than a similar eating pattern that only included 7 ounces of lean, fresh red meat.
Fresh meats were defined in the study as requiring no further preservation or processing beyond refrigeration or freezing; they are not cured, salted or smoked or include chemical preservatives.
Mediterranean Style Meal Prep Bowls Ingredients:
- 2 beef Strip Steak Boneless, cut 1 inch thick (about 8 ounces each)
- 2 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise in half
- 2 medium red bell pepper, cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup reduced fat feta cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced olives
- 1/2 cup Tzatiki sauce
Recipe courtesy of The Kansas Beef Council
- ● 2 beef Strip Steak Boneless cut 1 inch thick (about 8 ounces each)
- ● 2 medium zucchini cut lengthwise in half
- ● 2 medium red bell pepper cut into quarters
- ● 1/4 cup lemon juice divided
- ● 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ● 2 cups cooked quinoa
- ● 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ● 1/2 cup reduced fat feta cheese
- ● 1/3 cup sliced olives
- 1/2 cup Tzatziki sauce
- Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11-14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 11 to 15 minutefor medium rare (140F) to medium (160F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Place zucchini and peppers on the grill. Grill Zucchini covered for 7 to 10 minutes and peppers covered for 11 to 14 minutes.
- Dress quinoa with the remaining lemon juice and parsley. Divide quinoa equally among four bowls.
- Slice steaks into thin slices. Chop zucchini and peppers into bite-sized pieces. Divide steak and vegetables evenly over the quinoa in each of the bowls. Garnish with olives and feta and finish with a dollop of Tzatziki. Season with salt and pepper as desired.