Vegan Butternut Squash Casserole Meal Prep
Vegan Mexican Butternut Squash Casserole Meal Prep! Layered with black beans, tomatoes and Mexican flavors this 20-minute casserole is big on taste with minimal effort.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 3 servings
- 2 cups butternut squash cubed in 1-inch pieces
- 3 tbsp white onion diced
- 1 Jalapeno diced
- 15 ounces black beans rinsed and drained
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes can sub with salsa
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3 large gluten free tortillas vegan friendly, if needed
- 1/4 cup vegan cheese can sub regular, if not vegan
- 1 cup fresh cilantro or prasley
- salt & pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare a 9x13” baking dish by place a thin layer of the canned tomatoes on the bottom.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the butternut squash, white onion, jalapeno, black beans, cilantro, cumin, salt and remaining tomatoes. Stir to combine the ingredients.
Layer 4 of the tortilla quarters on the bottom of the baking dish then place a layer of the butternut squash mixture over it to cover. Repeat 2 times for 3 layers total.
Bake at 350 F 17 minutes then layer with the Vegan cheese over the top and bake another 3 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let the casserole sit 5 minutes prior slicing into 3 large slices.
Nutrition for 1 out of 3 large servings:
16g Protein | 5g Fat | 69g Carbs