Hawaiian Chicken Teriyaki Skewer Meal Prep
These paleo-friendly and naturally gluten-free Hawaiian Teriyaki Chicken Skewers are great for outdoor summer grilling. Customize these skewers by adding your favorite vegetables.
Prep Time40 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time55 mins
Servings: 10 skewers
- 1/2 cup Coconut Aminos
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tbs Honey
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2.5 pounds skinless chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 green bell pepper cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 orange bell pepper cut into bite sized pieces
- avocado oil as needed for grill
In a medium bowl, whisk together coconut aminos, rice vinegar, pineapple juice, honey,
garlic, ginger, salt, and pepper. Reserve about 1/3 cup of marinade. Combine remaining
marinade with chicken, making sure chicken is well coated. Cover with plastic wrap and
chill in the fridge for 30 minutes, no longer than 1 hour.*
If using wooden skewers, soak skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
Preheat the grill for high heat
Thread chicken, onion, and bell peppers onto soaked wooden skewers. Brush oil over
grill grates. Place assembled chicken skewers once grill registers 400 degrees F. Brush
other side of chicken skewers with oil. Cook for about 5-7 minutes on each side until
chicken is cooked through and registers at least 165 degrees F on an instant read
Warm up reserved marinade. Brush onto cooked chicken skewers. Serve warm.
• Do not marinade chicken for more than 1 hour. If marinated too long, certain
enzymes from the pineapple juice will over tenderize the meat.
• If desired, thicken reserved marinade/sauce with xanthan gum.
Nutrition for 1 out of 10 skewers:
27g Protein | 19g Carbs | 1.5g Fat | 1g Fiber | 202 Calories