Middle Eastern Breakfast Salad Bowls
Want to begin your day with a bright, fresh, and delicious veggie-packed breakfast? Then this Middle Eastern inspired breakfast bowl is perfect!
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 4 meals
- 1 large head romaine roughly chopped
- 1 English cucumber sliced (reserve 1 tbsp finely diced)
- 1 large Lemon cut into quarters (reserve 1 tbsp lemon juice)
- 2 cup cooked quinoa 1 cup uncooked
- 1 cup diced red radish
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fennel bulb
- 1/2 cup olives of choice cut in half
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tbsp distilled white vinegar
- Water enough to fill pot 3/4 full
- 1/4 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1.5 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp finely minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup hummus
- 1.5 tbsp mild harissa
Combine Greek yogurt, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil — stir until mixed. Then, stir in the 1 tablespoon of finely diced cucumber, minced garlic, chopped dill, salt, and pepper — stir until well-combined.
In a large bowl, toss together chopped romaine, sliced fennel, sliced radishes, sliced cucumber, and sliced olives.
When ready to enjoy, top salad base with a squeeze of lemon juice, garbanzo beans, harissa hummus, and tzatziki sauce — stir/toss together to coat.
Serve, store, and enjoy!
Nutrition for 1 out of 4 servings:
10.1g Protein | 32.3g Carbs | 12g Fat | 4.6g Fiber | 280 Calories
When storing, keep harissa hummus and tzatziki sauce separate from the salad base to prevent lettuce/vegetable wilting.
Serving: 1meal | Calories: 280kcal | Carbohydrates: 32.3g | Protein: 10.1g | Fat: 12g | Fiber: 4.6g