How To Meal Plan
We’ve been meal planning and prepping since 2012 and have seen and heard EVERYTHING as it relates to meal prep successes, challenges, hurdles, favorites, process, etc! We wanted to bring together all the information we have gathered over the years into one getting started and maintaining success when it comes to planning your meals. This How To Meal Plan guide will cover topics like; organization, shopping lists, time management/planning, and tools and hacks.
In our experience, we’ve seen 3 main roadblocks I hear about from the people who want to start meal planning:
- I don’t know where to start!
- I have no idea what to put on my plan.
- I don’t have time on Sunday.
This Meal Plan guide will help solve all of these problems!
Meal Planning will help you:
- Say goodbye to decision fatigue around “What’s for dinner”
- Reduce the number of trips in a week to the grocery store.
- Spend less money on food each month (especially if you eat out)
- Feel more organized
- Reducing food waste and buying only what you need.
- Get dinner on the table faster and have more time in your evenings!
Step 1: Organization
- Haul everything out of your pantry – get rid of expired items. Donate items that are not expired
but you are not going to use. You now know what you have on hand, and you
have eliminated the items you no longer need or that you don’t want to eat (like those Girl Scout cookies!)
- Get food storage bins and containers and organize your pantry into zones (like canned beans, snacks, soup broths, etc) so that you can keep it organized.
- Clean out your fridge and freezer – get rid of expired items and items you are not going to use.
- Write down what is in your fridge and freezer on a sheet of paper and keep it handy. This will be necessary when we get into meal planning.