Thank you to GoodCook for sponsoring this Keto Peanut Butter Cookies post, and thank YOU for supporting the brands that help make Meal Prep On Fleek possible. All opinions are our own.
Four vegan and Keto compliant ingredients, super simple to make, and completely scrumptious — you’ll love this healthier take on classic peanut butter cookies.
These keto and vegan-friendly peanut butter cookies are made with just four ingredients; peanut butter, monk fruit sweetener, a flax egg (can sub a regular egg) and pure vanilla extract.
The only thing easier than this recipe is buying all of the ingredients when you head to Target. There is no ‘multi-store’ shopping for these yummy cookies! You can grab all of the ingredients, plus your Good Cook meal prep containers, in one trip.
So, really, how easy are these cookies to make? After shopping, it only requires measuring, mixing, baking, and enjoying them! These keto peanut butter cookies are the only answer you need when a craving for something sweet hits. There is no need to chill the dough in this recipe either. Since there is no flour, these cookies will automatically turn out soft in the center and slightly chewy on the outside. It’s a perfect balance!
There are also so many variations you could make! We kept things basic since we looooove a good peanut butter cookie, but feel free to add mix-in’s until your heart (and tastebuds) are happy!
Depending on your dietary goals, some options would be:
mix chocolate chips (dairy-free, if vegan)
mini peanut butter cups chopped up (if you’re feeling like getting extra crazy!)
You can also swap the peanut butter for almond butter, sunflower seed butter, or cashew butter. Be mindful to read ingredient labels, especially if you are following a keto diet. You want to make sure that there are no added sugars in the nut butter.
Tips for storing and serving
The Keto Peanut Butter Cookies will hold up nicely in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. If you are making a double batch for those days when you have a craving for a cookie; you can layer these with parchment paper in a container and freeze them. Then, you can pull one or two out and bake up whenever a craving hits.
Of course, we used our favorite Good Cook meal prep snack container for prepping these for the week. We opted to pair them with sliced apples (not keto friendly), but some cheese and pepperoni would make an excellent salty and sweet (keto friendly) combination too. The cookies will be placed in one of the 1/2 cup serving sides, and the other 1/2 cup side would be 1/4 cup cheese, plus 1/4 cup pepperoni. A half cup of fresh berries is an excellent pairing, too.
Keto Peanut Butter Cookies Ingredients:
- 1 C. Peanut Butter (salted; if using unsalted add 1/4 tsp. Pink Himalayan Salt)
- 1/2 C. Monk Fruit Extract Sweetener (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 Flax Egg (1 Tbsp. Ground Flax + 3 Tbsp. Water — let thicken ~3 mins.)
- 1 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
Optional (but not Keto compliant):
- 1 Tbsp. Maca Powder
- side of Sliced Apples (half apple per serving)
- 2 Tbsp. Mini Dark Chocolate Chips
- sub regular egg for flax egg, if desired
Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter salted
- 1/2 cup monk fruit extract sweetener or sweetener of choice
- 1 tbs ground flax + 3 tbs water to make a flax eg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maca powder
- apple slices
- Chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325℉ and line a sheet pan with parchment paper (set aside).
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir all ingredients together until well-combined and cookie dough forms.
- Scoop out one tablespoon’s worth of cookie dough and roll into a ball shape. Place cookie dough balls onto a baking sheet, spread about two inches apart.
- Using a fork, gently flatten each cookie dough ball, forming a cross hatch design.
- Bake for ten to fifteen minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool (still on the pan) for five minutes. Note: cookies will be quite fragile until they have properly cooled/set up.
- Serve, store, and enjoy!