1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with nonstick spray or cooking oil.
2. Cut the squash in half lengthwise from stem to tail
3. Use a spoon to Scrape out the seeds.
4. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
5. Place squash, cut-side down, onto the baking dish. Place into oven and roast until tender, about 35-45 minutes (depending on size).
6. Remove from oven and let rest until cool enough to handle.
7. Using a fork, scrape the flesh to create long strands.